EVERYDAY TIPS TO A HEALTHY LIFESTYLE
Staying active everyday is just as vital to overall health and wellness as making nutritious food choices. Here are some great tips from the Registered Dietitians at Egg Farmers of Canada to get you on the fast track to an active lifestyle:
Walk for Good Health
All it takes is a few changes in your daily routine to increase your activity levels. Here are some quick and easy tips to add walking to your daily routine:
Make it your goal to walk 10,000 steps per day - it's a good starting point to improve your overall physical and mental health.
- If you take public transportation to work, get off one stop earlier and walk the rest of the way.
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator.
- Take a 15-minute walk at lunch or during your coffee break.
- Deliver messages or documents in person.
- Park further from your destination and walk the remaining distance.
NUTRITION IS IMPORTANT FOR A HEALTHY LIFESTYLE
Eating Well with Canada's Food Guide
Visit Health Canada's website to view Canada's Food Guide and learn about healthy nutrition choices and gather advice on suggested serving sizes.
Visit EATracker's website to track your day's food and activity choices.